Become a Member of the League of Women Voters Wayzata-Plymouth Area!
Come join the League of Women Voters Wayzata-Plymouth which includes the geographic area of Wayzata, Plymouth, Corcoran, Long Lake, Medicine Lake, Mound, Medina, Orono and Minnestrista.
League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan educational organization that “encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues and influences public policy through education and advocacy.”
Our mission is making democracy work!
What does the LWV Wayzata-Plymouth Area do?
- LWV works with Orono, Westonka and Wayzata High School students, seniors and all eligible voters in-between, providing voter registration education and assistance and absentee voting information.
- For example:
- LWVWPA’s current Vote Safely from Home campaign involves outreach to city clerks, senior housing managers, houses of worship, food shelf administrators and other essential service providers across our seven-city area. Thanks to LWVWPA volunteers, over 150 community sites have been contacted and 60 packets of customized materials delivered throughout the Wayzata-Plymouth Area. Community outreach continues as businesses begin to open.
- LWVWPA members work directly with high school students to engage the Youth Vote, planning on-line voter registration campaigns and voter registration outreach to graduating seniors.
- LWV hosts local Candidate Forums for city, county and state elections as a critical public service to educate voters about the issues and candidates. For example:
- In preparation for the 2020 General Election, LWVWPA is hosting seven separate candidate forums, moderating Q&A with local candidates for city councils, mayor, state representative, state senator, county commissioner, and district representatives to the U.S. Congress.
- Candidate Forums are recorded without audiences during the coronavirus pandemic and available for on-demand public viewing through cities and the LWVWPA website. Members of the public are invited to submit questions for the candidates in advance.
- LWV addresses current issues at our bi-monthly LWVWPA membership meetings such as election security, voting rights, climate change and equal rights. Through monthly electronic LWVWPA Updates and news blasts from LWVMN and LWVUS, we inform our members and community of current pending legislation and opportunities for timely citizen actions.
Your membership will help us build a stronger community for all. Please join us!
Join the League of Women Voters Wayzata Plymouth
To join the LWV Wayzata-Plymouth Area, please send an email to email@example.com. Your membership interest will be forwarded to the LWVWPA President and Membership Chair who will contact you and provide membership payment information. Categories of membership include:
Individual Membership ($65)
Student Membership – under age 18 ($35)
Family Membership -up to four members ($100)
By joining LWV, you become a member of the LWV US, LWV Minnesota and LWV Wayzata-Plymouth Area.